A collection of all my beginners yoga poses.
The first in the series is the Cat-Cow pose
Some benefits of the cat-cow pose are:
- Improves posture and balance
- Massages and stimulates organs in the belly
- Strengthens and stretches spine and neck
- Relieves stress
This is a great pose to do in the morning to wake up your body in a gentle way. Let me know how you get on with it!
The Newbie x
The poses that I will show you today are the cobra and chaturanga. These are slightly more advance and call for a lot of upper body and core strength. They are good if you are looking to challenge yourself slightly!
These are best performed in front of a mirror so you can check you are alined correctly and your back is straight while doing chaturanga – if you cant do this pose practise by doing a plank on your forearms to build up strength.
You can also do the cobra with your feet flat on the floor and not on your toes like I am.
The benefits of these poses are:
- Increases strength and flexibility in your wrists.
- Builds muscle on your arms, shoulders, and back
- A good preparation for any arm balances or work with inversions
- Stretches muscles in the shoulders, chest and abdominals
- Decreases stiffness of the lower back
- Improves menstrual irregularities
- Firms and tones the bum
- Invigorates the heart
It is time for another few yoga poses and today it will be Warrior one and two. These are nice and easy, they will help tone and tighten your thighs.
- Stretches your hips, groins and shoulders
- Opens your chest and lungs
- Builds stamina and concentration
- Energises tired limbs
- Stimulates your abdominal organs
- Develops balance and stability
- Strengthens and stretches your legs, ankles and feet