I can not believe how fast March has gone by and it has been a pretty crazy month for me! Spring is on it’s way and everything feels sunnier and better, especially since Scotland was so grey over winter.
So what exactly have I been up to this month…
I finished one month of Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide and survived, it was tough at times but I am proud I stuck it out, to see my one month progress pic make sure to check me out on Instagram. I also began running again and I am getting back in to it which I love – have you started anything new cause the sun is shining?
My March challenge was to save money by not going to a supermarket to get lunch, now I can’t say I stuck to this one fully but I have been bringing in my own lunch more often so thats a bonus.
I handed in one part of my university course work this month which is good and I booked a holiday!! (celebration dance)
There has also been a little bit of a secret going on…I am creating a new blog that has the layout and all things I want, the big reveal is yet to happen but when it does you will know! I am so EXCITEDDDD!…that was maybe to much ha
Looking back March has been a pretty good month for me – how was yours?
The Newbie x
p.s how cute is that photo it makes me want to go run barefoot in a field and stay out late looking at the stars
I thought I would give you a little update from my weekend as it was pretty exciting!
On Thursday night I attended my first ever bloggers event hosted by Coast Edinburgh and a post on that will follow soon.
This weekend revolved around delicious food for me – lucky gal I know! – on Saturday afternoon I went along to Jamies Italian on George Street and enjoyed some delicious food and drinks. For the main meal I had the specials pasta which was so flavourful and I would happily eat again and for dessert I had Cherry and almond tart, it was more of a warm kind of pudding but super tasty non the less!
On Sunday, I headed to Maxi’s Cafe in Stockbridge for a late brunch. I had the full breakfast (eyes bigger than my belly syndrome) the eggs and sausage where the stars of the breakfast! We followed this up with cake I went for carrot cake and my boyfriend had crispy cake which was so so yummy.
Anyway enough with the food I am hungry thinking about it. If you want to see some photos from my weekend check out instagram.
The Newbie x
Hope you are all set for a wonderful weekend, this post is just a little bit of inspiration for anyone who needs it out there!
These quotes feel very close to my heart and reflecting on the past few months I feel very lucky to have achieved what I have, thats not saying there hasn’t been tantrums and tears in between. All these quotes reflect a little bit of me and what I am deciding to do with my life/career – the big crazy dream is to grow my blog in to something successful which one day I hope to do I will just have to work my ass off for it!
I think it is so important to have a job that you love doing and have a passion for, you only get one chance on this earth so do it your way! and never let anyone tell you you can’t do something.
Stay true to you!
The Newbie x
Today I am bringing to you healthy delicious truffles! These things are seriously unreal they don’t even feel healthy but as so so good for you. I made a batch and they were gone within three days – I challenge you to try and make them last longer!
Okay so what is in these beautiful little delights exactly…
– 60g of nuts (I used pecan but I can imagine any working just as well)
– 70g of medjool dates, pitted
– 3 tbsp of raw cocoa powder
– 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
– 1 or 2 tbsp of honey (taste and adjust to your own preference)
– 3 tbsp desiccated coconut or coconut flakes
– a pinch of salt
– 50-70g of dark chocolate
Now you know whats in them this is how you make them and it’s so easy!
– Chop dates and nuts and add to blender
– Add in all other ingredients except the dark chocolate and blend until it all starts sticking together, you may have to scrap your blender down a few times
– Take out mixture, roll in to little balls and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up
– Once the time is up melt the dark chocolate and remove truffles from the freezer
– Roll the truffles in the melted chocolate and set aside to harden in the fridge
And there you have it, try not to eat them all at once! The best thing I can suggest with the recipe is to mix it up and personalise it to your own tastes, if you don’t want them covered in dark chocolate roll in cocoa powder or maybe even coconut flakes mmmm! Let me know what creations you come up with in the comments below.
The Newbie x
p.s those are my oat flapjacks that will be featuring on the blog soon!
Since it’s nearly the last Monday of the month (WTF?! where has March gone!) I thought I would do a little round up of all my yoga posts and give you a link to some of my favourite beginners yoga because we all gotta start somewhere!
1.Beginners Poses 1
2.Beginners Poses 2
3.Beginners Poses 3
I try and start my morning out with some yoga stretches to waken your body and prepare it for the day ahead. I love Pinterest to an obsessive amount and I now have a board over on it filled with all my favourite routines! Click here to head on over.
Bit of a lazy post today, apologies!
Then Newbie x
Today I am checking in and giving you an update on how I am doing with the BBG Guide! So if you check this post out here – you will see that I repeated week two as I didn’t feel like I done my best or ate my best but this week I have been rectifying this.
– I made all my own lunches and dinners that were all balanced and healthy (maybe I could do a day in the life post let me know what ya think!)
– I made myself some sweet treats so that if I felt like I was needing it I could have it and also a square of dark chocolate a day helped keep my cravings at bay!
– Working out this week felt much better, I was stronger and a lot more focused
– This week I also went on my first run of the year, it wasn’t fast or anything amazing but I done it and I feel great for it!
– Done all my meal plans for week three and I am ready to move on with this guide, one thing I can say is I seriously miss my Pilates so going to find a way to incorporate it in
Comment what your tips are for staying focused while on the Bikini Body Guide!
The Newbie x
After being stuck in a bit of a rut with my eating habits, I realised in order to get myself back on track I always like to follow these steps and I had a great idea to share it with you lovely lot!
1. Accept you have messed up and move on – This is probably the hardest, to just say to yourself ‘okay I fell off my path time to get back on it’ and not spend time feeling guilty or dwelling on it. If you need to have a moan and chat about it do it but then just leave it at that don’t bring it in to the next day!
2. Keep only healthy food in your house – This is easy for me since I live on my own but if you only buy healthy things then you have no choice but to eat healthy.
3. MEAL PLAN!!!!! – Such an important yet pain in the ass task, I always try to plan my meals out so that each week I know exactly what I’m buying and no random unhealthy foods sneak in my basket.
4. Make your own snacks – I love baking and trying out new recipes and making them my own. By making your own snacks you know exactly what goes in them and know that there aren’t any nasties in there. I have a healthy truffle recipe coming up, they are even boyfriend approved!
5. Drink water and lots of it – So many benefits and so simple, you can mix it up by adding fruits for even more vitamins.
6. Get your 5 a day – It’s an oldie but a goodie, when I am trying to get my diet back on check I always stick to this simple rule and adding more if I can in the form of smoothies, salads and veggie meals.
7. Enjoy your life! – I try to live in a balanced way and focus on what works for me so take these tips with a pinch of salt and adjust them to suit you.
Let me know if you have any tips or tricks that help you get back on track
The Newbie x
p.s don’t forget to check me out on Twitter or Instagram!
Hey there beautiful!
I am deviating from the plan,spot the wild one!
Today instead of another recipe I thought I would share some of the things I am lusting over for spring and summer fashion, I am going to be doing a lot of traveling over these coming months and need a sort of capsule wardrobe so I can always look put together!
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
I thought all these pieces are super cute and can be layered and changed around! I have chosen a colour palate to stick with as this makes everything easier, oh and the big bonus nothing costs more than £50.
If you want to see more fashion posts comment below and tell me your favourite new pieces that are out there at the moment!
The Newbie x
It is time for another few yoga poses and today it will be Warrior one and two. These are nice and easy, they will help tone and tighten your thighs.
Some of the health benefits are:
- Stretches your hips, groins and shoulders
- Opens your chest and lungs
- Builds stamina and concentration
- Energises tired limbs
- Stimulates your abdominal organs
- Develops balance and stability
- Strengthens and stretches your legs, ankles and feet
Let me know how you get on with these!