Blackened Chicken and Avocado
– 2 Chicken breasts
– 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
– 1/2 Avocado, chopped
– 50g Plain non-fat greek yoghurt
– 1 Tbsp lemon juice
– Small garlic clove, minced
1. Place the seasoning in a bag and add the chicken, shake to coat the meat
2. Lightly coat a frying pan with oil and cook the chicken until done
3. To create the avocado cream blend the last four ingredients in a food processor until smooth
4. Top the chicken with a couple of tablespoons of the sauce
Serve with quinoa, brown rice, whole wheat pasta or mash for a spin on a Sunday Roast!
Chilli and Lime Turkey Noodles
One of my favourite quick dinners is Chilli and Lime Turkey Noodles so delicious and good for you!
– 1 tablespoon of oil of choice
– Turkey breast escallops
– 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning or fresh oregano
– 1 fresh chilli
– 1 clove of garlic
– 1 dried bay leaf
– 1 lemon/lime juiced
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and place in turkey
2. Add in lime, chopped fresh chilli, garlic, seasoning and bay leaf
3. Cook for 3-5 minutes until no longer pink in the middle
4. Serve with soba noodles, quinoa, rice or a salad
The Newbie x
Healthy Mac & Cheese
– 1/2 Butternut Squash
– 50g Light Cheddar Cheese
– Whole Grain Pasta (enough for 2 people)
– 1 Onion
– 1 vegetable or meat stock cube (I used veg)
– Boiled Water
– 1 tbsp of butter
– Cut the butternut squash in half, remove the skin (I used a peeler to do this) then cut in to small cubes and set aside in a pot.
– Cut the onion in half and dice into small rounds
– In a frying pan heat the butter and add the onions, sauté on a low heat for 20 minutes until soft, golden and fragrant.
– While the onions are sautéing, boil water and cook pasta according to directions on packet.
– Once the onions and pasta are done remove from the hob and set aside.
– Add boiling water and stock cube to the pot with the butternut squash and cook until tender/can be cut with a fork (usually 5-7 minutes)
– When the butternut squash is done drain most of the stock away but keep about a cups worth. Add the onions to the butternut squash and blend until smooth adding stock water as you go to get the consistency you want.
– Add pasta and cheese then the butternut squash mix and heat to melt the cheese.
And you are done! This recipe should take about 30 minutes to make if you can juggle three pans on the hob at once!
It is just right for the chilly winter nights that are coming in – creamy, cheesy and that belly warming feeling you need