The poses that I will show you today are the cobra and chaturanga. These are slightly more advance and call for a lot of upper body and core strength. They are good if you are looking to challenge yourself slightly!
These are best performed in front of a mirror so you can check you are alined correctly and your back is straight while doing chaturanga – if you cant do this pose practise by doing a plank on your forearms to build up strength.
You can also do the cobra with your feet flat on the floor and not on your toes like I am.
The benefits of these poses are:
- Increases strength and flexibility in your wrists.
- Builds muscle on your arms, shoulders, and back.
- A good preparation for any arm balances or work with inversions.
- Stretches muscles in the shoulders, chest and abdominals.
- Decreases stiffness of the lower back.
- Improves menstrual irregularities.
- Firms and tones the bum
- Invigorates the heart.
Comment if you try these out!
The Newbie x