Today I am bringing to you healthy delicious truffles! These things are seriously unreal they don’t even feel healthy but as so so good for you. I made a batch and they were gone within three days – I challenge you to try and make them last longer!
Okay so what is in these beautiful little delights exactly…
– 60g of nuts (I used pecan but I can imagine any working just as well)
– 70g of medjool dates, pitted
– 3 tbsp of raw cocoa powder
– 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
– 1 or 2 tbsp of honey (taste and adjust to your own preference)
– 3 tbsp desiccated coconut or coconut flakes
– a pinch of salt
– 50-70g of dark chocolate
Now you know whats in them this is how you make them and it’s so easy!
– Chop dates and nuts and add to blender
– Add in all other ingredients except the dark chocolate and blend until it all starts sticking together, you may have to scrap your blender down a few times
– Take out mixture, roll in to little balls and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up
– Once the time is up melt the dark chocolate and remove truffles from the freezer
– Roll the truffles in the melted chocolate and set aside to harden in the fridge
And there you have it, try not to eat them all at once! The best thing I can suggest with the recipe is to mix it up and personalise it to your own tastes, if you don’t want them covered in dark chocolate roll in cocoa powder or maybe even coconut flakes mmmm! Let me know what creations you come up with in the comments below.
The Newbie x
p.s those are my oat flapjacks that will be featuring on the blog soon!