After being stuck in a bit of a rut with my eating habits, I realised in order to get myself back on track I always like to follow these steps and I had a great idea to share it with you lovely lot!
1. Accept you have messed up and move on – This is probably the hardest, to just say to yourself ‘okay I fell off my path time to get back on it’ and not spend time feeling guilty or dwelling on it. If you need to have a moan and chat about it do it but then just leave it at that don’t bring it in to the next day!
2. Keep only healthy food in your house – This is easy for me since I live on my own but if you only buy healthy things then you have no choice but to eat healthy.
3. MEAL PLAN!!!!! – Such an important yet pain in the ass task, I always try to plan my meals out so that each week I know exactly what I’m buying and no random unhealthy foods sneak in my basket.
4. Make your own snacks – I love baking and trying out new recipes and making them my own. By making your own snacks you know exactly what goes in them and know that there aren’t any nasties in there. I have a healthy truffle recipe coming up, they are even boyfriend approved!
5. Drink water and lots of it – So many benefits and so simple, you can mix it up by adding fruits for even more vitamins.
6. Get your 5 a day – It’s an oldie but a goodie, when I am trying to get my diet back on check I always stick to this simple rule and adding more if I can in the form of smoothies, salads and veggie meals.
7. Enjoy your life! – I try to live in a balanced way and focus on what works for me so take these tips with a pinch of salt and adjust them to suit you.
Let me know if you have any tips or tricks that help you get back on track
The Newbie x
p.s don’t forget to check me out on Twitter or Instagram!