Happy friday! This week has dragged on and I am relieved to see it end and I am looking forward to having a fun weekend! What are you all getting up to?
This week I have been really getting in to making soup for my lunch as it is such a warming and nutritious thing to have..and if you live in Scotland you will understand my pain right now about how cold it is!
My favourite recipe at the moment is Carrot, Butternut Squash and Chilli Soup!
– 3 Carrots chopped
– Half a small butternut squash chopped
– 1 whole chilli chopped (adjust to suit your spice level)
– 1 chicken stock cube
– 1 onion chopped finely
– In a deep soup pan, sauté the onions until caramelised in a little bit of butter or oil – key thing is to not let the onions burn they should go transulcent.
– Once you have done that add boiling water the stock cube, your veg and the chilli
– Let the soup simmer for 30 minutes or until veg is cooked then blitz
– If you are not a huge fan of spice leave the chilli out and use as a garnish, or some greek yoghurt to cool the heat down
Perfect for the cold winter nights!