I realise I haven’t done a fitness post in a while so I thought today I would talk about running and why I have grown to love it over time! I admit when I first started to do long distance running I thought “WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD DO THIS?!” and I did dread going out on runs but I began over time to realise that it wasn’t all that bad!
I haven’t always lived in the city and going on country runs is much more picturesque but Edinburgh can be just as beautiful at time especially Arthurs Seat -there is something special about reaching the top and seeing the view its something that will never grow old.
I admit I am not the fasted runner in the world and after taking a long break away from it I am back and I defiantly have the running bug again I can’t wait for my next outdoor adventure
Some reasons I love running and the benefits –
1. IT’S FREE – You don’t need a gym membership to do it and who can really stand running on a treadmill…not me
2. It keeps you fit – Running and other forms of cardiovascular exercise are a great way to increase your fitness because they raise your heart rate, giving your heart muscle an effective workout and improving your circulation.
3. It is good for your mind – I love running as for me it’s breathing space away from technology and I can focus completely on me and nothing else which brings happiness and restores peace in my life (hippy moment much!)
4. Strong Bones – Running prevent osteoporosis because if you run on a regular basis you are continually using your muscles and bones so the bones are stimulated to remain stronger and don’t weaken so easily with age. So say buh-bye to osteoporosis.
5. Weight Loss – It is great for burning fat and is an easy way to get some cardio in your day!
So let me know if any of you newbies are running fanatics or new to it and what you think the benefits are for YOU? And the photo is from when I went running in Italy at Sunrise it is probably my favourite place in the world!
The Newbie x